Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ode to Character Education

When I was an elementary school counselor in North Carolina (shout out to Alamance-Burlington and Guilford Counties), character education was the focus of my comprehensive school counseling program. I loved it!!! We had morning announcements and colors that equated to every word so that on Fridays the whole school would wear that color. My classroom lessons were centered around the character traits. Oh, how I miss those days. My current division infuses The Principles of American Citizenship into the schools, as a building-wide program that is sponsored by our city PTA. It is very similar. Below you will find several websites to help you with building a character education program.

Enjoy!


Character Counts

Character Education Partnership

Good Character

Character Ed

Character Education

No comments:

Post a Comment