Monday, July 22, 2013

LIEBSTER AWARD




Carol M from The Middle School Counselor nominated me for the Liebster Award.  It's an award for newbie bloggers with less than 200 followers to promote new and upcoming blogs. I was very honored that others find my blog relevant. According to Sopphey Says, it's an award that other bloggers bestow onto one another to help promote blogs. Nonetheless...I am honored and will play along.

So the rules: 

I must: 
 
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.

3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.

4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.

5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.

6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.  

 
So here are my facts and the answers to the questions that I need to answer:

Nominee's Facts
  1. I just started to eat peas
  2. I would move to a tropical island if I could
  3. I love twizzlers
  4. I own the Frankie Avalon and Annette Funicello Beach Blanket Movie Collection
  5. I can make a mean cosmopolitan
  6. I have a niece and nephew
  7. I am Rhode Island born and I'm Rhode Island bred
  8. I donate to my college alumni fund
  9. I have a carbon monoxide detector in my house
  10. I LOVE the beach
  11. To Sir with Love and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (the original) are some of my favorite movies
Nominees' Questions:

  1. What made you start blogging? 
    • Because of my job as a district coordinator I have access to a lot of resources. I help counselors all the time...my job, state organization, master's students...so I thought, why not take it global?
  2. What are your favorite outside of school activities?
    • I LOVE watching HGTV, gardening, going to the beach and making my mom laugh!
  3. What other forms of social media do you use?
    • Linkedin, Twitter, facebook, ASCA Scene
  4. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
    • Being an even BIGGER ADVOCATE for school counseling
  5. What other jobs did you dream of when you were younger?
    • Teacher, Marriage Counselor
  6. What made you decide to be a School Counselor?
    • I had an AWFUL "guidance" counselor. Just awful! I never wanted anyone to go through what I went through my senior year in high school.
  7. What advice do you have for others thinking about starting a blog?
    • Write about what is important to you. Stay true to yourself!
  8. Do you have a blog feature (or article) that you are most proud of?
  9. Who is your superhero?
    • My mother. She is stronger than she thinks she is.
  10. What is your favorite quote?
    • Just leap! The net will appear!
Congrats to ALL bloggers out there making a difference in someone's life!



No comments:

Post a Comment