Monday, December 22, 2014

Youthlight, Inc. Book Review - Making the Link: Helping Children Link School Habits with the World of Work




I have to admit that I can be kind of hard on school counseling books, because I informally review and the buy the ones I think are best for the school counselors in my division. I am especially hard on books that support the career domain. However, this book is particularly good! It has a lot of fun activities, it's easy to read and implement, it aligns with the ASCA competencies, it has pre- and post- tests in the chapters for the lessons and it has a CD for reproductables.  What I really like about this book is that it addresses learning styles or modalities...which is extremely important for children to learn. This book is great for the novice or the experienced counselor. 

You can purchase this book on the Youthliight site. It is sure to make you estraordinary!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment